Monday, April 16, 2007

Catching up

I've been a real slacker on the blog - but somehow sometimes real life is full enough and does not need constant documentation on the web. Just some quick highlights of the past weeks:

Medjugorje. A little village in Bosnia where the virgin Mary is said to appear. Believe it or don't, but all I know is that this place gives you peace, the type of peace that reaches far deeper than regular relaxation does. I went there with a lot of questions, and came back with only little tiny fragments of the answers I expected, but a general consciousness that I needn't worry.

Easter. Anna, the eternal Easter egg duel champion and passionate chocolate bunny hunter, was sorely missed, and her absence gave the whole thing a bit of a grown-up flavor. She, in the meanwhile, was exploring the jungles of Tamil Nadu with her boyfriend Flo. Nevertheless, we had fun dying eggs with a few cousins, and enjoyed the family, the food and the brilliant weather at the Mill.

New place. In May, I will be moving out of the sibling apartment into a bit of a Skypad of my own. I'll be sharing an amazing little duplex on the roof with Aglai - complete with a balcony to sunbathe (oh yeah) and have breakfasts on lazy Saturday mornings. It still needs some work, but Aglai the styler will surely do a brilliant job.

Life in Vienna is good. New York has its irresistible charms, but there is something about the slow-paced charm of this city that gets me every time. Dodging horse-drawn carriages in the streets, people sitting around lazily in coffee houses, and a view of a beautiful gothic church from the window of the century-old university library... add in real summer weather in April, and try to beat that.

No comments: