Monday, October 29, 2007

Took that

I was never the type to cover posters of my favorite stars with lipstick kisses or imagine that Leo DiCaprio was my boyfriend. However, I did catch up on this particular phase of adolescence on Friday, when my roomie and soon-to-be bride Aglai and a gang of her ladies celebrated her engagement with High Tea and a Take That concert.

When we arrived to pick up the tickets, the saleswoman informed us that Howard Donald wasn't going to be performing tonight because he was hospitalized with a chest injury. Howard who? Yes, I asked that, too. The looks I caught for that one were sharp as daggers.

Anyway, we had a fabulous time watching the remaining three "boys" (who are almost in their 40s) put on a fabulous show, singing along to "Relight My Fire", "Never Forget" and "Everything Changes But You" like there was no tomorrow, and enjoying the giddy happiness of an average 13-year-old.

No comments: