Friday, May 11, 2007

Changes

I was planning a big "Hooray, I am done with exams forever" type of post, but alas, it seems that last exam is quite a chunk of work and just doesn't want to be passed. Results are out on the 22nd, lets see what the future holds.

Apart from that, I am starting to prepare for the big move to my very own Skypad in two weeks, which means getting rid of piles of junk that I have been hoarding in my closet and desk for the past seven years. This will be a slim move, and only the necessary things will be taken along. I will probably laugh at the amount of stuff I deem necessary once it comes to carrying boxes up to the fourth floor... Oh well.

Summer is here, and I enjoyed my city once again as I was having lunch in beautiful Volksgarten yesterday with my father and then spent the afternoon lazily walking around downtown with Isabel. Sharifin couldn't believe that a day of laziness made me tired, so we wrapped up the day with a drink or two and cozy deck-chair conversation on the banks of the Danube canal at Strandbar Herrmann. This place reminds me of a few international friends that I spent my evenings with in this same place last year. Now they are gone to faraway places like DC, Sydney and Madrid.

Life changes, all the time.

2 comments:

Vickesh said...

I miss those conversations too, those moments in sun with the buzz of vienna all around..and ofcourse the sand in between in your toes, in a deck chair...in the middle of the city!!

sometime again soon...
V

Maria said...

Ah... the Strandbar, what a great place! As Vick says, let's hope we can repeat some time soon.

Good luck with the exam results!!

Besos