Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Autumn Leaves

I've always liked autumn - but the colors of the leaves in New England are just nothing short of spectacular! I had been marvelling at the bright red, orange and green for days, so I decided on the weekend that it was time to go on a little trip to see the Foliage.
It turns out that we headed straight for the region where trees were just beyond their peak, but the landscape what beautful nevertheless.

A little cultural gem on the way: The all-American conveniece store.


A stunning road trip and a good hike were topped off with delicious Spanish tapas, Sangria and Rioja, and an excellent movie called The Bycicle Thief (or, rather, the first 15 minutes of it before we all fell asleep).
On Sunday night I accompanied Kitt, my friend from Wellesley College, to a conference on Feminist Sexual Ethics. I wasn't too sure what to expect, given that my past experiences with feminist events have been more on the terrible side, but it was surprisingly interesting and a nice little knowledge boost.

When I got back to campus and heard all the stories about crazy rugby parties, boys drinking from beer bottles taped to their hands, and others getting stoned in the car, I couldn't help but think that my weekend had been a helluva lot more enjoyable - and my head, compared to the others', felt just fine.

2 comments:

Amanda Lee Smith said...

gorgeous pics... it's a shame all those years of feminisnm haven't yet rid us of frat boys, eh?

Maria said...

That part of the world sure is pretty in autumn... too bad you missed the reds and the yellows when you went hinking. It was seriously stunning around Ottawa when I was there.