Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Family reunion in NYC

What a combo

The view from our hotel room window (39th floor!)

... and the next morning

Grand Central Station at rush hour

Photo shoot at the UN
One tends to forget that Manhattan is an island
(Can anyone spot the Statue of Liberty?)
Meeting Sascha (UN buildings reflected in the background)

Other highlights (as usual, mostly related to food):
  • Fajitas and margaritas at Mi Cocina
  • Breakfast at Pain Quotidien
  • the Frick Collection
  • getting lost walking around Lower Manhattan
  • a day in Central Park
  • LOTS and LOTS of quality time with Papi
I loved every minute of it and was sort of sad to say goodbye. After all, the next time I'll see anyone of my family is more than four months away! However, I really needed that dose of family time.

Back at Babson (drove back with Jo and arrived at midnight on Sunday), I woke up on Monday with a vicious cold and spent Tuesday morning in bed. A little down time and Jo's homecooked pasta a la puttanesca got me back on track and, though coughing and sneezing, I can face the load of work that's coming my way. And a load it is - November is so full of due dates, I don't even know where to start.
Speaking of which, I have a ton of work to do until tomorrow...
Buona notte to all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cool!

Your dad is so distinguished. And you are adorable!

I hope you all had the best time in NYC. It looks like a truly wonderful time.

God bless

Troy