Friday, December 01, 2006

Chances

One should not talk about things that are not yet sure. And I won't. All I will say is that things are lining up for what looks like another great adventure. Everything is still up in the air, but I am starting to see more clearly, and God willing (yeah, really) I will have a sweet deal on my hands in a couple of days.

In other news, I find myself smiling a whole lot more these days than in the past months. Life at Babson, as strange as it may sound, has been quite a challenge - finding my way in a world that's not my own, with people who think differently from me, and decisions that are only mine to make. Nevertheless, I am enjoying life a lot, despite the long hours spent writing essays, and the pressure of all upcoming decisions.

I care about people here, I am learning, and I am glad that the old me is back, the one that sometimes looks up at the sky and smiles, knowing that there's someone up there with a very good sense of humor.

3 comments:

Amanda Lee Smith said...

Krampus! I think I've seen photos of him from a friend who spent December in Austria—is he that mean scary guy who chases little children???

Anonymous said...

glad to hear about that. think forward! friends should never wish to see the same person as before after some time - but still feel confident about the chap's personality that shaped their friendship too. that is maybe the hardest part, but then again, that's life in all its imaginable hues out there.

Maria said...

Best of luck with that "great adventure" that is about to materialize, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you!

And a meeting in NYC... well that's definitely a possibility :)